Thursday 25 August 2016

my GCSE results 2016!!!

I did not get a wink of sleep last night and am currently running on coffee and honestly I'm not quite sure what else so if any of this doesn't make sense that's why. At first I actually tried to get to sleep, then I tried distracting myself and by 4am I just accepted the challenge to stay up all night really.

I got my GCSE results today and I am a happy bunny. Overall if you don't care about my rambles and the actual lessons I got: 2 A*'s, 5 A's, 2 B's and a C (and a free ice-cream - thanks school for getting an ice-cream van every year).

(Also I don't really mind making this public because 1. I'm excited and proud 2. If potential employers are reading this it's going to be the exact same on my CV so I don't have anything to hide and 3. If I ever lose the piece of paper I have this too-I don't think that'll happen but you can never be too safe)

And if you care in more detail here are my results (lowest to highest):

Art and Design - C
Mathematics - B
Computing - B
Core Science (took in year 10) - A
Additional Science - A
Business Studies - A
Media Studies - A
English Language - A
Religious Studies - A*
English Literature - A*

Honestly I never would have guessed I would get an A* in English Literature. Even my teacher came up to me and said it's difficult to get an A* in Lit so I'm quite excited about that! And I was quite honestly expecting a C in Maths at best so when I saw that B I was definitely ecstatic.

And for A-Levels next year I'm (hopefully) taking:
English Language (which was always the one I was better at too until this exam apparently!)
Media Studies
Business Studies
Sociology
(spare option Government and Politics)
And the 3 of those which I took at GCSE I got A's in meaning I'm going into 3 with A's which I'm obviously very excited and happy about.

So yes, two years of stress and work went towards a piece of paper. But I'm glad I can say that I'm proud of what's on it!

I really hope you got the results you wanted today! If not remember that you are worth more than that piece of paper and as long as you tried your hardest what more can you really do? There are plenty of paths for you to take out there.
And if you did get the results you were hoping for, don't be afraid to be proud of yourself, even if other people are saying how you could have "done better" or whatever. You worked for this and you deserve it.

Goodbye

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment