Saturday 20 August 2016

cactus spines + rabbit updates

Yesterday I wrote about my rabbit and how she got ill yesterday but this morning we got a call from the vets saying she'd eaten, was drinking and going to the toilet, seemed brighter and could probably be picked up at the end of the day! Since we were prepared for the worst, this was very welcome news and I think it goes without saying that I was overjoyed (and still am).

Later in the afternoon we went and got her. I kept her in my room for a little while but she went back to her normal hutch and dug into her food which was a great sight. I'm not sure she's still quite herself but she has had medicine and is still on it so we're not expecting her to be 100% yet. She has another appointment on Monday but if she goes rapidly downhill we'll have to ring the emergency vet thing tomorrow as they're closed on Sundays.

So yeah, today has been very happy compared to all the bad news we got yesterday! Although it's cost money that we don't really have (it's been one of those months where it's my birthday and everything breaks and you just end up kinda broke but we'll pull through) it's worth it to have my little Maisie back safely at home.

Now as for cactus spines, I managed to brush my hand against my mini cactus thing (here's a picture of it from my instagram if you want to see) and got three little spines in my thumb. I got one out with tweezers no problem but the other two have kind of lodged themselves under a bit of skin so I can't get them out. I'm just gonna have to leave them and hope they work their own ways out soon. They've really been interrupting my Pokemon playing! (I finally got around to playing Alpha Sapphire and I LOVE it!) But if you know how to get them from under a layer of skin then I'll happily accept all advice (please nothing involving needles the thought makes me feel funny)!

I think that's all I had to write about today.

Goodbye

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment