Wednesday 10 August 2016

finding dory ramble

I will be talking about things that happened in the movie so you have officially been spoiler warned but just know that I very very much enjoyed it and would definitely recommend seeing it if you were a fan of Finding Nemo!

I saw Finding Dory with my mum and brother today and, as I just said, I really enjoyed it. I wouldn't say it's my favourite Pixar film but I loved it nonetheless.

I almost cried in the first scene where there was little Dory and her parents showing her everything but she kept forgetting and looking so upset about forgetting. I also almost cried in the whole reunion scene and at one random point in the film from just thinking about how life is moving so quickly and I'm getting older - I think it was when they were bringing back some of the characters from the first film.

Speaking of them bringing in a few of the side characters from the first film, I really liked the fact that they did that. I liked the fact that they did it towards the start to still give it a familiar feel and so we could see all these other characters we loved as we were younger but then sort of left that all and began introducing new characters to us to really make Finding Dory its own film. I loved the whales, especially Bailey, me and my brother thought he was hilarious. In fact, I'm pretty sure me and my brother laughed more than any of the kids in the cinema and enjoyed it more too. It was just so much fun and had some really funny scenes (I was almost cry laughing at the bit where they drove the truck into the ocean and it all just went into slow motion). My mum loved the sea lions. She said they were "like naughty old men in a retirement home" and I did think their parts were hilarious too.

Overall, I just really enjoyed and loved this film and am excited to buy it and watch it again when it's out on DVD. I described it to my brother as "nostalgic but new" which I think sums it up well as I think it perfectly brought back things from the first film and gave it loads of new things and a new feel to just reiterate that it is still its own film. I was scared they would ruin the franchise but I personally am very happy with what they did with it. I also thought all the voice acting was amazing too and Ellen did such a great job once again, perfectly embodying Dory.

Also just a random thing, during the little short they play before all Pixar films, my mum asked "so where's Dory?" and me and my brother were laughing our heads off.

Goodbye

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment