Sunday 4 September 2016

a BEDA reflection

As you probably know, throughout August I posted a blog post every single day (aside from my birthday but I posted 2 the day after to make up for that). It was a goal I set myself and I'm so happy that I managed to see it through!

There were days when I really just didn't want to write a blog post and those ones aren't very good but I still wrote something 31 times in August and I'm so proud of myself for that.

I'd been feeling uninspired for writing blog posts beforehand and just didn't really want to but on August 31st I was thinking to myself how much I was gonna miss writing every day! I know I won't be able to keep it up when school starts again in a few days so I'll quit when I'm ahead.

The aim of BEDA was to get me inspired to write more blog posts and bring my love for it back and it's definitely done that. I now find myself thinking "oooh that would make a great blog post!" at least once a day and I have some ideas for upcoming posts! I don't really have enough time to write all the posts I want to now! When I was away visiting my aunt I had to stop myself from writing blog posts as I was itching too but wanted to spend at least a few days away from it.

So yeah, I got a lot out of BEDA and I'm very happy I did it. I can look back on August and not just think "oh I did nothing" because I did something I enjoy every day (also I did some volunteering in a charity shop which I also want to write about). I'm also now close to 900 blog views which is crazy-I still hardly believe people actually read my posts? Are you real? Are people actually reading this? I also had hardly any blog posts up but now I'm proud that I have almost 50. Because I had so little before I felt stressed writing them and that they all had to be perfect and original and interesting but I'm more relaxed now.

I'm not as stressed about writing amazing blog posts with a solid idea and feel like I can post a lot more than previously where I wanted all my blog posts to be like my early ones. The thing is that's just not sustainable for me and there are so many more things I want to and can write about post-BEDA. As well as that I now how documentation of some amazing days I had in August and wrote some blog posts that I'd wanted to write for a while too!

Whilst I look at individual blog posts and can pick them apart or know that if it weren't BEDA I wouldn't have posted them, that doesn't really matter and I'm pleased with what I did.

Overall, I'm so happy I did BEDA and I would say to you to try and challenge yourself to do something every single day for a month. Maybe when you have holiday time or whatever but just setting yourself that goal could make you so much more motivated to do that thing and you'll be happier because you're doing something that you love!

Oh, and happy September everyone! I'm so hyped for it to be autumn - I've already got out the thick tights and dresses!

Goodbye

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment