Friday 16 September 2016

summer holidays : a reflection

At the start of the summer holidays I wrote this post about how I really didn't want to waste this summer and listed some things I wanted to do throughout my time off. So I'm going to reflect on that post and write about what I did end up doing!



  • Relax and watch some TV - I definitely did this one. I didn't actually watch quite as many shows as I was expecting but it was still a fair amount.


  • Tidy my room. Like REALLY tidy it. - Oh hey look I actually did this one! I can't say my brother was too pleased about me forcing him to move his boxes out of my room but I'm certainly happy with the outcome. Having floor space is really nice 10/10 would recommend.


  • Write more blog posts. - 31 blog posts in August. I think I can safely say I did this one and I am so happy that I did.


  • Write more fanfiction. - I unfortunately did not do this one. I do miss the community though.


  • Buy some more plants. - I can happily say that I am one miniature cactus and one succulent better off now! I did also get rid of an old plant that was completely dead when I cleared out my room. House plants are so great. Although I think I may have accidentally got a bit overenthusiastic with my current ones and waterlogged them. Fingers crossed that they pull through!


  • Listen to more music. - I think I did this. Maybe not to the extent I was thinking when I first wrote the blog post but I did listen to more stuff from artists that I already knew I enjoyed; not quite so much listening to new artists but I did kinda do this one.


  • Learn stuff! - Whilst I never got around to watching those Crash Course series I did learn how to knit! I've really been enjoying knitting although I do need to do it again as I haven't for a little while. Whoops! I have also been researching more stuff about cruelty free brands and the supplements I need being the fussy vegetarian I am.


  • Volunteer!!! - That's another one I can check off! I volunteered twice a week at a charity shop throughout July and August and whilst it wasn't always the most interesting of things and there was someone there I wasn't a massive fan of, I'm still glad I got that experience and also helped charity at the same time. I'd definitely recommend doing some volunteering if you can! After volunteering in one, I have realised that charity shops really do need all the help they can get. I want to write a whole blog post about this so this is all I'll say for now.


  • Play some more Animal Crossing New Leaf - I never got around to playing ACNL exactly but I did finally start Pokemon Alpha Sapphire so I guess that's something?

So I think I can conclude that I did get off my lazy ass and did some of the things I wanted to! And I'm glad I did. It's nice to reflect on that summer and think of the things I did, the times I went out with my family and friends, my volunteering and of course all the amazing TV shows I watched and not just sadly think about the fact that I did nothing.

As well as that, I actually got my life organised and did all my school work that I was supposed to, started making lists and just basically got my life in order which, trust me when I say, this has made school 3000x easier and it's only been a week. I want to buy some folders and things too tomorrow which will also hopefully help some more but honestly it's so amazing to feel organised and productive and it wasn't easy for me to start so I'm sure you can do it too!


That was my summer holiday! Feel free to tell me all about yours if you like! I have come to the conclusion that if I act like I'm just talking to myself in these posts then nobody will ever interact with me so please do feel free to tell me about it, even if you think it's the most boring thing ever.

Goodbye

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment